Hey there friends! I’m McKenzie, the girl behind the camera and the business side of McKenzie Ryan Photography. I grew up in a small town called Lebanon, Oregon before moving to Rexburg, Idaho to begin my education at BYU-Idaho after graduating high school. While working on school I met my husband, Joe and we were married in the Portland Oregon temple in 2015. Along the way I found my love of weddings and passion for photography! I’m now working full-time as a wedding and portrait photographer and I absolutely love it. Joe has recently starting shooting along side me as my second shooter and it’s been so much fun to work together.
Here are some random, fun facts about me!
- I changed my major 5 times while in school… I ended up graduating in General Studies because I was all over the place! But my education is very well rounded, so I’ll take it.
- I met my husband at the gym, and he was my personal trainer for a semester!
- I swam competitively from the age of 8-18.
- I love light-hearted comedy shows like Friends, the Office, and Parks and Recreation.
- Diet Dr. Pepper is how I survive on the daily.
- My favorite place to eat is Costa Vida… I may or may not eat there at least twice a week!
- Cooking is probably my least favorite chore.
- My favorite ice cream is Tillamook Mint Chocolate chip and Tillamook Mudslide
- I’m an introvert at heart but you probably wouldn’t know it on a photoshoot!
Joe and I love living in Rexburg and don’t see ourselves moving any time soon! Partially because he is still in school and we also live close to all of his family. But we definitely love to travel! We frequently make trips to Utah and Wyoming for wedding days but we’re hoping for some weddings to take us outside of our usual trips.
Come hang out with me over on Instagram and let’s be friends!